Alliance for a Just Philadelphia (A4JP) Coordinator
Job Description: The Alliance for a Just Philadelphia is seeking a part-time administrative coordinator to help convene and provide logistical support for the full coalition of 22 organizations. The administrative coordinator would be responsible for providing logistical support, including scheduling meetings and following up on next steps, for the Alliance for a Just Philadelphia facilitation team, as well as the full Alliance coalition (and its smaller working groups). The Administrative Coordinator position is seated within 215 People’s Alliance Education fund, a multi-racial collaborative dedicated to fighting for equity and justice in Philadelphia. The fiscal sponsor of 215PA is Movement Alliance Project.
Background: Formed in 2018, the Alliance for a Just Philadelphia is a broad multi-issue coalition of 22 organizations in Philadelphia. In early 2019, the Alliance launched the People’s Platform ahead of the City Council elections, and held a large 1000-person forum to ask every City Council candidate where they stood. Since 2019, the Alliance has been active in putting forward a People’s Bailout Plan in response to the COVID-19 crisis, fighting for a just Philadelphia budget. The work of the Alliance will ramp up as the 2023 municipal elections grow closer.
- Provide logistical support for the full Alliance for a Just Philadelphia including: finding group meeting times, provide technical support via Zoom for meetings, providing in person support for meetings (when able)
- Managing our collective google drive (organizing, making sure files are in the right place/accessible)
- Logistical support for working groups (including supporting facilitators of working groups during the meetings, with note-taking or organizing notes/materials)
- Following up with organizations around coalition needs
- Attending 215PA staff meetings, check-ins, and supporting the host organization as necessary
- Strong attention to detail, task management skills and prompt follow up
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to be part of a team
- Experience using Doodle or other group scheduling software
- Experience with Google Drive
- Experience using Zoom and scheduling meetings through Zoom
- Experience with writing emails, responding to email promptly
- Experience with Signal or other group messaging system
- High discretion
- Deep commitment to ending white supremacy and radically changing economic system through redistribution of wealth
- Deep commitment to centering leadership of BIPOC leaders and organizations
- Experience producing social media content, newsletters, and organizational communications.
- Experience coordinating volunteers.
- Experience working with c3 and c4 organizations.
- Experience working with groups in Pennsylvania
This position would be part-time based in Philadelphia through the end of 2023, with possibility for extension. The position is a part time, 15 hours/week, salaried at $19,200 (about $24.60/ hour) with benefits. There is a possibility for additional hours after the first three months. The position is hybrid with varying hours but includes required attendance at the monthly A4JP evening meeting and 215PA staffing. The position would be co-managed by 215PA and the A4JP facilitation team, and a schedule will be confirmed in a collaborative manner upon hire. Ideal start date is July 1, 2022.
How To Apply: Submit required materials via the 215PA Google Form. Deadline to apply is June 10, 2022.
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org