The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically exposed a system that promotes profits over people. We need to build a movement that demands transformative changes that empowers working people and marginalized communities, while challenging the power of corporations and the rich. Now is our time to reimagine a transformative city.
Join us as we continue our online conversations on how we can organize and build power during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Topic: The Housing Crisis in Philadelphia including racial disparities in housing, eviction rates, and recent housing legislation. This session we will be joined by the following speakers:
- Rasheedah Phillips, Managing Attorney of Housing Policy at Community Legal Services
- Stephanie Dorenbosch from the Tenant Union Representative Network (TURN)
- Sterling Johnson, advocate for housing rights
- Stephen Drain, Organizer, Working Families Party, Pennsylvania
- Betty Beaufort, 215PA Member
215PA members and those new to 215PA are welcome!